The very best of potatoes with our cholesterol free, vitamin A cooking oil good for you and family…. Check this recipe and cook to your taste
We all love potatoes and nothing is as versatile in terms of preparation. This June we decided to do something fun with our favourite root vegetable. Kids will love this meal greatly.
- 500g potatoes
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 cup Nyota Cooking Oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Add the potato wedges into a large saucepan with a big pinch of salt and enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Once done, turn off the heat, and let sit in the water for 5 minutes.
- Drain then let sit in a colander for another 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl. Add the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Put Nyota cooking oil in a pan, and bring up the temperature, once hot slowly add the potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip to the other side and cook another 5 minutes or until crispy golden brown. Flip to the third side and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and place on a cooking towel and let it settle.
- Serve a snack with sauce or as a meal with a meat/vegetable dish or sprinkle pepper.